disABILITY Louth – “One Voice For All”
“disABILITY Louth aims to promote, represent, develop and engage all members’ interests within society.”
Objectives of the Group:
- To improve physical, emotional and learning access for persons with disability who may have additional requirements.
- To better enable persons with disability to use talents and skills to benefit society in Louth, to focus on ability rather than disability.
- To enable full participation by ensuring that communication methods used within the group do not exclude any member.
- To ensure inclusiveness for persons with disability through engagement with statutory bodies, enterprise and employment organisations, education and training providers, the commercial sector, community organisations and local decision making bodies.
- To raise awareness of the challenges faced by persons with different types of disability and highlight how small changes can promote inclusion.
- To increase our membership, to better ensure a wider representation of disability and to have a stronger collective voice.
|Chairperson||David Larkin||Dundalk Lions Club|
|Treasurer||Annette Monaghan||Changing Places for Drogheda and Beyond|
|PR Officer||Nicola McDonnell||IWA|