dis ABILITY Louth – “Nothing about us without us”
“dis ABILITY Louth aims to promote, represent, develop and engage all members’ interests within society.”
Objectives of the Group:
- To improve physical, emotional and learning access for persons with disability who may have additional requirements.
- To better enable persons with disability to use talents and skills to benefit society in Louth, to focus on ability rather than disability.
- To enable full participation by ensuring that communication methods used within the group do not exclude any member.
- To ensure inclusiveness for persons with disability through engagement with statutory bodies, enterprise and employment organisations, education and training providers, the commercial sector, community organisations and local decision making bodies.
- To raise awareness of the challenges faced by persons with different types of disability and highlight how small changes can promote inclusion.
- To increase our membership, to better ensure a wider representation of disability and to have a stronger collective voice.
|Chairperson||Olivia Shiel||Spinal Injuries Ireland|
|Treasurer||Damien Mackin||Red Cross|
|PR Officer||David Larkin|
Constitution – work in progress.